About the CIDI & Contact information
About the CIDI
The Center for Instructional Design and Digital Innovation is funded by a Title III grant, and is the main means through which distance education is supported at the University. This is achieved through:
- Creating an environment which facilitates the development of distance learning instruction and learning
- Encouraging faculty participation in distance learning initiatives and providing assistance and support in the development of courses, course materials, and the use of appropriate learning technologies
- Collaborating with faculty to craft courses that reflect their own teaching and learning philosophies while considering new technologies and inventive teaching and learning methods.
- Promoting research-based best teaching practices to support the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Monitoring new ideas and trends in teaching, learning, and higher education to ensure Center personnel remain up to date in current pedagogical thinking.
Goals of the Center
- Supporting the expansion of distance education beyond general education courses to fully online programs
- Building capacity and infrastructure for the creation of distance education programs by creating an instructional design team consisting of audio/video specialists, graphic design specialists, and web design specialists.
- Develop/Improving services for students who take distance education courses from Cheyney University
- Expanding access to Cheyney University courses to a wider range of constituents including lifelong learners and degree completion adult learners.