Events and workshops
Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities
Request a Workshop
Do you have a suggestion or request for a future workshop? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a workshop request.
Spring 2014 SmartBoard Training
Complete this form to register for individual SmartBoard training.
The Syllabus in 2014: Creating an Effective Academic Agreement
3/5 2:00-3:30 p.m. - LPH Library Basement
In this webinar, participants will learn how to design a syllabus to meet the needs of the 2014 student, as well as of the modern day faculty member. Our presenter will discuss how to use the syllabus to establish an effective and positive academic contractual agreement between instructor and student. You'll also learn how to avoid common design errors that lead to both student and faculty frustrations and how to present a syllabus in a way that increases student engagement and positively affects student satisfaction.
If you are unable to attend, a CD will be available for check-out.
Summer/Fall Online Interest Meetings, 3/5 at 10:00 a.m. and 3/6 at 1:00 p.m.
3/5 10:00 a.m.-11:00a.m.- LPH Library Basement
3/6 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.- LPH Library Basement
Are you planning to teaching online this Summer or Fall? Attend an Online Course Development Interest Meeting to learn more about:
- Suggested timelines for course development
- Cheyney Curriculum Committee Distance Education Course Application
- Characteristics of quality online courses
- Sample rubrics, D2L homepages and course schedules
- Individual instructional design support available at Cheyney and CU Center City
- Online Teaching Certification
Fall 2014 PASSHE Teaching Online Certification Course
The Innovation Center is pleased to announce that Cheyney University will be joining several PASSHE universities in offering an online certification course. Please email email@example.com to add your name to the list for Fall 2014.
The Teaching Online Certification Course (using Desire2Learn LMS) has been developed collaboratively between Clarion, Shippensburg, Kutztown, Lock Haven, and California Universities. This 5-week fully online course provides instructors with a student’s perspective, guidance on designing an online course, and instructions for using the various Desire2Learn tools.
This is NOT a self-paced course. Participants will be required to read course materials, participate in weekly discussion boards, collaborate in a group project, and develop content relevant to their own online course. In order to complete the activities and course development exercises, participants must have a course they are scheduled (or planning) to teach online within the next year. Time commitment will be approximately 10 hours/week depending on familiarity with Desire2Learn.
5th Annual PASSHE Virtual Conference: Transforming the Teaching & Learning Environment 2/10-2/21
DId you miss a session? View the archives here: www.passhe.edu/inside/asa/DEConf/Pages/2014-Sessions-by-Date.aspx
PASSHE Teaching Online Certification Course 2/14-2/28
Educational Technology Workshops
- Using the D2L Gradebook and Dropbox 10/8, 10/9
- Creating D2L Tests and Quizzes 10/22, 10/23
Online Course Planning Workshops
- Winterim Faculty Interest Meetings 10/9, 10/10
Microsoft Office Workshops Cosponsored by the Office of Information Technology Department and the Instructional Design and Innovation Center
- Productivity using Microsoft Word 11/12, 12/3
- Making the most of Spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel 11/14, 12/5
- Collaboration using Microsoft Outlook 11/19, 12/17
- Presenting using Microsoft PowerPoint 11/21, 12/19
- Introduction to D2L (online) 6/24-6/28, 7/8-7/12
- Uploading Content to D2L (online) 7/23, 7/30, 8/6
- Teaching on Television presented by Bob Hails, PASSHE Distance Education Coordinator 4/12