Master of Education in Educational Leadership (M.Ed.)
The program is designed to prepare administrators who are particularly sensitive to the needs of urban schools. The program will further delineate the conceptual, technical and human skills deemed necessary in the preparation of competent educational administrators.
Requirements for M.Ed. in Educational Leadership:
- Professional Core - 9 semester hours
- Concentration - 21 semester hours
- Electives - 3 semester hours
- Thesis – 3 semester hours
Requirements for the Principal Certification Program:
A person prepared as a school administrator may be eligible for certification as a Principal K-12 provided that the applicant:
- Has completed an approved program of graduate study preparing him/her to direct, operate, supervise, and administer the organizational and general educational activities of a school. (Preparation completed out-of-state must meet Pennsylvania standards for certification).
- Is recommended for certification as a principal by the authorized certification officer of the institution where such education was obtained, or holds a comparable certificate from another state (for out-of-state graduates only).
- Provides verification of the completion of five years of satisfactory professional school experience on a state-issued certificate appropriate for the assignment.
- Has provided evidence of satisfactory achievement on assessments prescribed by the Department under Section 49.18(a).
- Is able to meet all other requirements provided by law.