Student Ambassador Program
Below you will find information for the Student Ambassador Program for 2015-2016. Please read all the information provided.
The goals of the Ambassadors are to:
- Inform prospective students and parents interested in Cheyney University about all facets of Cheyney Student life -- academic programs, faculty and students, physical facilities, social opportunities, and student services.
- Assist with important public relations programs such as bi-annual Open House programs, information sessions, campus tours, etc.
- Personalize the University by making campus visitors feel welcome, comfortable, and positive about Cheyney University by demonstrating sincerity, enthusiasm, credibility, interest, and helpfulness.
Activities of the Ambassadors may include:
- Representing Cheyney University, by giving campus tours to college visitors.
- Participating in Cheyney University’s Fall and Spring Open House programs.
- Assisting, as needed, at special recruitment events that occur throughout the year.
- Attending training sessions.
Membership in the Cheyney University Student Ambassador Program is limited.
Selection criteria include:
- Dedication to the group and ability to commit necessary time, which is dependent upon the position (i.e., senior-level, junior-level and entry-level)
- Sincere desire to represent Cheyney University
- Effective speaking ability
- Ability to make a positive first impression
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations
- Ability to work well with others
- Enthusiasm about Cheyney University
- Responsibility, dependability
Ambassadors enjoy important advantages from membership:
- Unparalleled experience in public relations (meeting people, public speaking, representing the University) which develops the skills and confidence vital to success in job interviews and career advancement
- Being part of a dynamic, helping organization
- Opportunity to work with and learn from Cheyney University staff
- Broaden contacts among faculty, staff, students, and administration for pleasure, help on campus, and references upon graduation
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills and a professional resume
- Participation in a close-knit, nurturing student organization which enables members to feel more "connected" to the College
Interested students should complete an application of interest and forward to Ms. Aaliyah Sellers in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
To download the Applications - Student Ambassador Program Application