In accordance with the criteria adopted by Cheyney University for admissions, six general requirements have been identified:
- Grade-point average
- Strength of curriculum (3 years of Math; 4 years of English Language; 3 years of Sciences; 3 years of Social Studies)
- Class rank
- SAT or ACT score
- High school profile
- Recommendations (optional)
Applicants must provide evidence of graduation or equivalent as determined by the Division of Professional Certification(GED).
Application Instructions for New Students
Applicants to undergraduate programs are evaluated using several criteria, including grade-point average, standardized test scores (SAT or ACT), class rank and academic curriculum. Letters of recommendation and an essay are encouraged.
The office of Admissions ensures that all applicants are reviewed and evaluated fairly and equitably in accordance with university criteria for admission.
A candidate for admission as a first-year student must adhere to the following procedures:
- Complete a Cheyney University application and forward it, along with the application fee (i.e., a $25 money order, cashier's check, or certified check - personal checks are not accepted ), to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit an official high school transcript (or evidence of equivalent preparation, e.g., GED), to the Office of Admissions.
- To submit your high school transcript, click on the Parchment Electronic Transcript link here. . .Parchment Electronic Transcript Services
- Have official SAT or ACT scores forwarded to the Office of Admissions.
Applicants that need to make changes to their admissions application must contact Enrollment Services at 610.399.2275. Please contact Enrollment Services to speak with an Enrollment Services Specialist to request a change to your admissions application.
A message to all applicants:
All Applicants must complete the application for admissions including the personal statement. An application fee of $25 is nonrefundable and is paid online by credit card or you can submit the payment in the form of a money order to Enrollment Services. If you choose to submit your application fee via money order be sure to put your name and the last four digits of your Social Security number on the face of the money order. This will ensure that the payment is appropriately applied to your account.
If you are interested in receiving financial aid, please complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov and indicate Cheyney University as your school of choice. Our school code is 003317. To receive the highest priority consideration for financial aid students must complete the FAFSA form by February 15th.
Application Violation Policy
Applicants who misrepresent, alter, or withhold prior academic credentials may have their acceptances revoked. If the misrepresentation, alteration, or omission is discovered
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
Friday, June 13, 2014
Sunday, May 11, 2014