Rules Regarding Contact With Currently Enrolled
- You may not provide a student-athlete any benefit or special arrangement that would not be offered to the rest of the student population. Such a benefit may cause a student-athlete to lose his or her eligibility. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- You may not entertain student-athletes, their friends or family. (Bylaw 18.104.22.168; 16.2.2; 22.214.171.124.3)
- You may not use the name or picture of an enrolled student-athlete to advertise, recommend or promote any product or service of any kind. (Bylaw 126.96.36.199; 188.8.131.52; 184.108.40.206.1; 220.127.116.11.2; 18.104.22.168.3; 22.214.171.124.4)
- You may not provide awards or gifts to a student-athlete. (Bylaw 16.02.4; 16.1.3; 126.96.36.199)
- You may not allow a student-athlete to use your telephone to make free calls, or allow use of a free or discounted automobile. (Bylaw 188.8.131.52.2)
- You can however, invite an enrolled student-athlete to your home for an occasional home cooked meal, but you may not take a student-athlete to a restaurant. Any contact or planned activity with an enrolled student-athlete should be cleared by the Compliance Office.
For reference to specific rules and regulation listed above, please see: http://www.ncaa.org/