Student Application Process for Academic Credit
The process to identify, apply and secure an Internship/Field Experience may take up to one complete semester, please plan in advance.
Students begin the process by doing any of the following:
- Visiting the Center for Career and Professional Development
- Talking to an Internship Coordinator or your academic department
- Asking your professor
Once you have secured your Internship/Field Experience, schedule a meeting with an Internship Coordinator.
- Receive a syllabus outlining and governing grading requirements
- Understand the number of credits to be assigned
- Understand the process for registration and payment of credits
- (The departmental coordinator will register the students for the internship class. Students are not able to register themselves for this class)
Download, print and sign a copy of the Cheyney Student Agreement
Download, print and have the employer sign the University Employer Affiliation Agreement (if one does not already exist)