Federal Work Study (FWS) Student Employment Program
The Federal Work Study Student Employment Program is a "NEED" based, federally funded financial aid program that provides part-time employment opportunities to eligible students, enrolled at least half-time. To apply submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a Cheyney University - Federal Work Study Student Employment Application for the year you wish to be considered.
The FAFSA is the application used to determine your "need". The Cheyney University-Federal Work Study Student Employment Application is used to determine where you will work.
Funding is limited!
If you submitted your application by the priority deadline congratulations but even if you didn't you can still be considered for the program, so submit your application as possible.
Unlike other sources of financial aid Federal Work Study Awards will not appear as anticipated aid or as a payment on your account/bill. Students who participate in the program will receive direct, bi-weekly compensation/payment for the hours worked. The earnings from this employment opportunity are intended for the sole purpose of meeting educational expenses as they relate to your enrollment as a Cheyney University Student.
Federal Work Study Student Employment Forms and Documents
2018 SUMMER FWS STUDENT EMPLOYMENT IS AVAILABLE!
To participate in the 2018 Federal Work Study Student Employment Program Students are required to complete a 1) 2018 Summer Aid Application, 2) 2018 Summer Federal Work Study Student Employment Instructions and Application & because Cheyney University processes aid for the summer as a "Trailer" of the previous aid year, the 2017-2018 FAFSA must be on file.
- Federal Work Study Student Employment Department Job Listings
- AY: 2018-2019 Federal Work Study Student Employment Application - Instructions
- AY: 2018-2019 Federal Work Study Student Employment Application
- 2018-2019 Work Study Student Employment Handbook
- Federal Work Student Student Employment Timesheet - (For record keeping purposes only)
- Confidentiality of Information and Records Agreement for FWS Student Employees
Payroll Forms and Documents
- Authorization to Conduct Employment Background Investigation
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Notification
- I-9 Form
- W-4 Form
- Residency Certification Form
- Direct Deposit Form
Federal Work Study Student Employee Supervisor Forms and Documents
- Federal Work Study Student Employment Job Description and Vacancy Form- Please contact the Student Financial Services