The Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism degree program at Cheyney University is dedicated to providing an exceptional educational experience. Part of this dedication encompasses our hands on curriculum which includes role playing, laboratory field experiments, simulations, simulators, and problem solving activities.
As the demand increases for Hospitality management professionals in our ever changing global society externships are an integral aspect of our curriculum. We believe these hands on work experience will offer students a competitive edge with in their chosen disciplines as future Hospitality professionals.
Careers include: restaurant management, human resources, resort & spa management, law, marketing, hotel operations, product design, travel & tourism, casino operations, cruise industry operations, professional & minor league sporting organizations, and time share management.
We are always looking for new qualified companies to develop relationships with and here is just a sample of current externship opportunities provided for Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism students at Cheyney University.
- The Ritz-Carlton (various locations nationwide)
- Grand Geneva Resort & Spa (Lake Geneva, WI)
- The West Chester Country Club (Rye, NY)
- Split Rock Resort (Lake Harmony, PA)
- Fox Woods Resort Casino (Mashantucket, Ct)
- The Suites at Hershey (Hershey, PA)
- The Melting Pot Fondue Restaurant (Charlotte, NC & PA)
- Mesa Fresh Restaurant Group (various locations, PA)
- Walt Disney World Resorts (Orlando, FL & Anaheim, CA)
- Joe’s Spuds Restaurant Group (various locations, PA)
- Westin Hotels (various locations)
- Caesars Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)
- Bally’s Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)
- Harrah’s Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)
- Aramark (various locations)
- Golden Corral (various locations)
- General Mills (Minneapolis, MN)
- Eco Lab (various locations)
- Four Seasons Hotels (various locations)
- The Greenbrier (White Sulphur Springs, WV)
- Double Tree Hotels (various locations)
- Borgata Resort & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ)