assistant director of financial aid
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania would like to add an Assistant Director of Financial Aid to their campus enrollment management unit. This incumbent is responsible for carrying out a wide range of duties requiring both overall and specialized knowledge of policies and procedures related to financial aid, funding and student accounts. Occasional weekend and evening hours will be required. Use of the student information system is extensive and this employee will handle all routine related administrative duties required to function effectively in this role. This includes handling incoming telephone calls, faxes, emails or mail and responding in a timely and appropriate manner. The position is classified as a SUA 2 in the SCUPA collective bargaining unit with an annual salary (12 month) of $45,027 plus benefits.
DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS INCLUDE:
1. Counseling students and families effectively on various financial aid programs and resources available.
2. Administering the Pennsylvania State grants.
3. Administering PA Special programs including NETS, CHAFEE, Gear-Up etc.
4. Serving as the publications and communications coordinator for the financial aid team.
5. Supervising Enrollment Services Representative 1 or 2.
5. Representing the office and university, as needed at on campus events such as Open Houses, VIP days and off-campus events such as visitations and conferences, high school career days and college fairs.
6. Preparing and conducting presentations on financial aid as appropriate.
7. Troubleshooting problems as they arise and recommend and carry out appropriate resolutions.
8. Following through on financial aid application status and communicate with students, families and campus departments on missing documents.
9. Providing information for the timely completion and submission of required university, PASSHE, federal, state and agency reports.
10. Maintaining expertise in all areas of financial aid and communicate current Federal, State and institutional postures concerning student assistance.
11. Developing recommendations on matters such as financial aid procedures and practices to ensure the department stays consistent with best practices in higher education.
13. Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Required Bachelor’s degree and at least 2-3 years of experience in the financial aid within higher education
HOW TO APPLY:
Application packet must include the following and be submitted to email@example.com or via fax at 610 399 2283:
3. Cover letter