assistant professor of social relations
RE-POST: The Department of Social & Behavioral Sciences at Cheyney University of Pennsylvania is seeking to fill a tenure-track position in our Social Relations/Criminal Justice program at the Assistant Professor level. If you have already applied, you do not need to resubmit an application at this time. ***Please note that we cannot accept telephone calls regarding your application, your status in the search or the overall search process. Selected candidates will be notified of interviews and ALL applicants will be notified when the search is officially closed.
The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. in Criminology/Criminal Justice or a Ph.D. in Sociology. A Juris Doctor (JD) will be considered as well. Terminal degree must be on hand at the time of appointment. Incumbent will be expected to teach in areas such as Criminology, Social Deviance, Juvenile Delinquency, as well as Criminal Law and other related courses. Ability to teach in cutting edge areas such as cybercrime and/or forensic science is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should please send the following five (5)items to email@example.com. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
1. Employment Application & Equal Employment Opportunity Supplement (Go to http://www.cheyney.edu/human-resources/Employment-Opportunities.cfm and select the "How to Apply" link in the left navigation bar. Download and complete)
2. Application letter outlining teaching and research experience
3. Current resume/CV
4. Names and contact information for 3 professional references (Reference Letters will be required before interview).
5. Copy of transcripts for all academic work.
1. Candidates will be required to submit official transcripts on or before employment.
2. Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check per Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education policy.
Application deadline is January 15, 2013.