assistant professor of business administration
The Department of Business Administration at Cheyney University of Pennsylvania invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level. If you have already applied, there is no need to submit a new application. This RE-POST is intended to increase the applicant pool. ***Please note that we cannot accept telephone calls regarding your application, your status in the search or the overall search process. Selected candidates will be notified of interviews and ALL applicants will be notified when the search is officially closed.
The teaching focus for this position will be undergraduate management courses including principles of management, human resources management, labor relations, strategic management, operations management and organizational development. Ability to teach MIS or a computer applications course in business is a plus. Applicants must have abilities, skills and enthusiasm consistent with teaching excellence and instructional innovation.
The individual will be responsible for advising undergraduate students and working with student organizations, will contribute to assessment of student learning outcomes, and will engage in service activities with colleagues, the department, college, campus, community and professional organizations.
Candidates for the position should have already earned a Ph.D. or DBA in Management. ABDs with May 2014 completion will also be considered. Teaching experience is required, and demonstrated excellence in teaching will be an important characteristic of the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should please send the following five (5) items to the address below or email to email@example.com Incomplete packets will not be considered..
1. Employment Application & Equal Employment Opportunity Supplement (Go to "University Employment Application" and download and complete)
2. Application letter outlining teaching and research experience
3. Current resume/CV
4. Names and contact information for 3 professional references (Reference Letters will be required before interview).
5. Copy of transcripts for all academic work.
NOTE* 1. Candidates will be required to submit official transcripts at the time of employment.
2. Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check per Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education policy.
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania
Office of Human Resources - BA Faculty
1837 University Circle
P.O. Box 200
Cheyney, PA 19319-0200
Review of applications will begin on December 6, 2013.