assistant professor of education
The Department of Education and Leadership Studies at Cheyney University of Pennsylvania is seeking to fill a tenure-track position to begin employment in Fall 2014.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED APPLICATION MATERIALS, PLEASE INDICATE YOUR CONTINUED INTEREST IN THE POSITION BY EMAILING HR@CHEYNEY.EDU. YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS WILL BE MOVED TO THE NEW RECRUITMENT POOL.
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate Early Childhood courses, advise students, maintain a strong personal program of scholarship and service, coordinate and monitor the Early Childhood Education PreK-4 program; serve on department and university-wide committees; serve as field experience coordinator for students fulfilling field experience requirements and student teaching; and fulfill other assignments as needed to build and maintain program quality. Course delivery formats will include face-to-face, hybrid, and web-based instruction. The successful candidate will be expected to take a leading role in the local, state and national committees and organizations involved with early childhood education issues and initiatives.
Education, Training, and/or Experience:
Minimum Qualifications: PhD or EdD in Early Childhood Education or related field (e.g., child/adolescent /human development, family studies) and 3 Years teaching Birth-4 or K-4.
•3 -5 years teaching Birth-4 or K-4
•Experience across the age groups birth through grade four
•Established research agenda and publications
•Knowledge of best teaching practices/models for early childhood education B-4
•Knowledge of best teaching practices/models for early childhood education K-4
•Online teaching experience
•Higher education experience related to early childhood education B-4
•Experience teaching adult learners
•Experience working collaboratively with agencies, school districts, college faculty and adult learners
•Demonstrated expertise through graduate course work and experience in all aspects of early childhood education
•Experience working with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
HOW TO APPLY: Application Deadline is April 6, 2014.
Your application packet MUST include the following materials. INCOMPLETE PACKETS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
1. Letter of application addressing ability to meet or exceed the minimum and preferred qualifications
2. Three(3)current letters of reference
4. Copies of transcripts
5. Download, print and complete the University Employee Application ( http://www.cheyney.edu/human-resources/How-to-Apply.cfm)
1. Candidates will be required to submit official transcripts on or before employment.
2. Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check per Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education policy.
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania
Office of Human Resources - ELS Faculty
1837 University Circle
P.O. Box 200
Cheyney, PA 19319-0200