assistant women's basketball coach
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania seeks to fill this position to assist with coaching the sport of women's basketball and develop a team cohesiveness that reflects the pride of Cheyney University. Assist in recruiting and assessing appropriate student-athletes with the academic background and talent needed to be competitive in a NCAA Division II program within the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC). Abide by NCAA and PSAC rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Including but not limited to)
1. Attend department meetings.
2. Assist in coordinating expenditures and monitoring of budget.
3. Assist in scheduling opponents' games.
4. Assist in awarding athletic scholarships.
5. Assist in handling facility requests for games, practices, equipment purchase, major repairs, game administration and work orders and team travel advances including transportation, lodging and meals with athletic administration.
6. Assist in advising student athletes.
7. Assist in the coordination of fund-raising and development activities.
8. Perform speaking engagements to solicit positive public relations for the program.
9. Work closely with Sports Medicine for the care and prevention of athletic injuries.
10. Assist in coordinating information and game results with the Director of Sports Information to obtain publicity for the program.
11. Serve as liaison with various sports groups both internal and external.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Handle sensitive issues and information with confidentiality and discretion.
EDUCATION, TRAINING and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred. Knowledge of NCAA and PSAC rules.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit via email (HR@Cheyney.edu) or fax (610 399 2283) your:
*Resume and Cover Letter detailing your skills and abilities to perform effectively in this role.
1. Candidates invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts at or before interviews.
2. Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check per Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education policy.