Work with the Cheerleading squad to develop a team cohesiveness that reflects the pride of Cheyney University of Pennsylvania.
Assist in recruiting and assessing appropriate students with the academic background and talent needed to become a part of the athletics program within the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC). Abide by NCAA and PSAC rules and regulations. This temporary assignment will last until May 31, 2013.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Including but not limited to)
1. Recruitment and assessment of appropriate student-athletes with the academic background and athletic talent needed to be competitive in a NCAA Division II program within the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC).
2. Supervise student participants
3. Recruit student participants
4. Attend department meetings, conducting meetings with volunteer assistant coaches
5. Distribute practice and recruiting area assignments
6. Monitoring budget
7. Schedule facility requests for practices, major repairs and equipment purchases.
8. Work closely with Sports Medicine for the care and prevention of injuries.
9. Assist with game administration
10. Serve as liaison with various sports groups both internal and external.
11. Coordinate travel
12. Assist in the coordination of fund-raising activities
13. Advise and support cheerleaders with college/life issues impacting participation
Bachelor’s degree required. Knowledge of best practices and NCAA and/or PSAC rules.
How to Apply: Application packet must include the following:
·University Application (Go to http://www.cheyney.edu/human-resources/Employment-Opportunities.cfm and select "How to Apply". Download and complete the university application).
·Resume and cover letter
·Copy of transcript or degree
1. Official transcript of highest education level will be required if an offer of employment is extended.
2. Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check per Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education policy.
All application materials can be faxed to 610 399 2283, emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania
Office of Human Resources - Cheer
1837 University Circle
P.O. Box 200
Cheyney, PA 19319-0200
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Cheyney University is an affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer