director of budgeting and accounting
The incumbent in this position is responsible for the University's budgeting, grants and accounting/ financial reporting activities. This includes managing the University's financial system and performing the entire general accounting functions, as well as providing leadership and oversight for areas within the finance area. This position is classified as a Manager 190 at salary level $73K - $80K. Candidate must have CPA. Certified Public Accountant's license is required with at least three years of supervisory experience.
Broad areas of responsibilities include:
- Monthly student information system entry, miscellaneous revenue and bookstore journal entries) into SAP;
- Performing general ledger account reconciliations.
- Perform bank reconciliations; SIS student accounts receivables, deposits, fees, bond accounting statements and Federal Direct loans to SAP.
- Year-End Close/Audit/Annual Financial Statement Preparation
- Assisting Controller with development of the University's Budgets (Operating, Restricted, Auxiliary and Plant)
- Ensuring that the Budget is completed in an accurate and timely manner and submitted on time.
- Providing leadership and oversight over the Grants and Contracts Accountant to ensure the proper review and accounting for the University's grants.
- Supervise managers and bargaining unit employees
- Generate SAP reports and preparing other financial reports and analysis as requested
- Work with the Perkins Loan Administrator and Financial Aid
- Identify for the Accounts Payable Office where various disbursements/expenditures should be recorded; ensure proper cash activity in SAP
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field with four to six years of experience in relevant areas such higher education accounting. Certified Public Accountant's license is required with at least three years of supervisory experience. Experience with SAP desired however not required. Experience with the University's student information system - PowerCAMPUS a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Eligible candidates must submit complete application packets with the 3 items below to the University via:
Email - email@example.com
1. Employment Application & Equal Employment Opportunity Supplement (Select "University Employment Application" Download and complete the application form)
2. Resume and Cover letter
1. Although not required with the application packet, please note that official transcripts supporting the highest level of education earned will be required at appointment.
2. Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check per Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education policy.