instructor faculty pool
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania is seeking applicants to become part of a pool of qualified Instructors to fill temporary (part-time and full-time) positions on an as-needed basis during fall, spring and/or summer sessions.
Teaching positions are available during morning, afternoon, evening and also week-ends. Selected candidates may also be required to teach at off-campus satellite locations.
Education, Training, and/or Experience
Minimum Masters Degree is preferred in the specific discipline or related field. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for one or more of the following subjects:
- Business Administration
- Fashion Merchandising & Management
EDUCATION & LEADERSHIP STUDIES
The teaching focus for these positions will be to teach undergraduate college-level reading courses, and undergraduate and graduate early childhood education methods courses in math and science (Grades K-4), reading (Pre-K-Grade 4) and integrating the arts for young children (Pre-K-Grade 4).
- Elementary Education
- Early Childhood Education (Applicants must have earned a master’s degree and possess the educational background, previous experience and enthusiasm consistent with teaching excellence and instructional innovation in early childhood education)
- Special Education
- Education Administration/Leadership
GUIDANCE & COUNSELING
- Freshman Seminar
ENGLISH, LANGUAGE and COMMUNICATION ARTS
- Print/Public Relations
FINE ARTS, DESIGN and LIBERAL STUDIES
- Fine Arts
- Graphic Arts
- Theater Arts
NATURAL & APPLIED SCIENCES
- Computer Science
RECREATION, HOSPITALITY & LEISURE MANAGEMENT
- Hotel/Tourism Management
SOCIAL & BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES
- Criminal Justice
- Political Science
- Public Administration
How to Apply:
Please send the following five (5) items to email@example.com. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
1. Employment Application & Equal Employment Opportunity Supplement (Select the "How to Apply" link in the left navigation bar. Download and complete)
2. A letter of application outlining teaching experience
3. Current Resume/CV
4. Three recent, professional letters of recommendation. Two letters must address candidate's teaching ability.
5. Copy of transcript supporting the highest degree
1. Candidates will be required to submit official transcripts on or before employment.
2. Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check per Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education policy.
CHEYNEY UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER