instructor faculty pool
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania is seeking applicants to become part of a pool of qualified Instructors to fill temporary (part-time and full-time) positions on an as-needed basis during fall, spring and/or summer sessions.
Teaching positions are available during morning, afternoon, evening, online and also week-ends. Selected candidates may also be required to teach at off-main-campus locations.
Education, Training, and/or Experience
Doctoral degree is preferred. Minimum Masters Degree required in the specific discipline or related field. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for one or more of the following subjects:
- Business Administration
EDUCATION & LEADERSHIP STUDIES
The teaching focus for these positions will be to teach undergraduate college-level reading courses, and undergraduate and graduate early childhood education methods courses in math and science (Grades K-4), reading (Pre-K-Grade 4) and integrating the arts for young children (Pre-K-Grade 4).
- Elementary Education
- Early Childhood Education (Applicants must have earned a master’s degree and possess the educational background, previous experience and enthusiasm consistent with teaching excellence and instructional innovation in early childhood education)
- Special Education
- Education Administration/Leadership
GUIDANCE & COUNSELING
- Freshman Seminar Instructor
The Counselor position is classified as part of by the APSCUF collective bargaining unit and is responsible for providing mental health and wellness services for students at Cheyney University. Specifically, the counselor is responsible for providing generalist mental health services, including the provision of short-term, developmentally-oriented individual and group counseling sessions, crisis intervention, walk-in services, consultation, and educational/preventative outreach programming. The Counselor must be knowledgeable of modern counseling and psychological/social work practices and methods, demonstrate a high level of cultural competency, be adept at working with students from traditionally underserved and/or underrepresented backgrounds, and demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to student development. This position is a full-time, temporary, non-teaching faculty position with primary responsibilities in the Student Affairs division. The incumbent will work 35 hours per week, providing coverage Monday – Friday, 11:00 am – 7:00 pm.
ENGLISH, LANGUAGE and COMMUNICATION ARTS (ELCA)
- Print/Public Relations
FINE ARTS, DESIGN and LIBERAL STUDIES (FADLS)
- Fine Arts
- Graphic Arts
- Theater Arts
NATURAL & APPLIED SCIENCES
- Computer Science
HOSPITALITY & RECREATION MANAGEMENT
- Hotel/Tourism Management
SOCIAL & BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES
- Criminal Justice
- Political Science
- Public Administration
How to Apply:
Please collect all materials and send the following five (5) items in one packet to the mailing address below. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
1. Employment Application & Equal Employment Opportunity Supplement (Select the "University Employment Application" link in the left navigation bar. Download and complete)
2. A letter of application outlining teaching experience
3. Current Resume/CV
4. Three recent, professional letters of recommendation.
5. Copy of transcripts supporting degrees earned.
1. Candidates will be required to submit official transcripts on or before employment.
2. Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check per Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education policy.
CHEYNEY UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER