(Non-Represented Manager 160)
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania invites applicants for a Project Coordinator position responsible for working with Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs)through the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Supportive Services Center (DBE SSC) to provide training and business counseling development services to assist DBE firms in obtaining business acumen necessary to compete with non-DEB firms for PennDOT subcontracts. This individual will be expected to meet deadlines, provide detailed written reports on the accomplishments of tasks and firms assigned. The Project Coordinator will travel extensively across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as needed. This is a contract -funded position and continuation of the position is contingent upon available funding.
- Develop service and training needs assessment, SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis and other assessments as needed for DBE firms.
- Develop a marketing plan, marketing materials and comprehensive business plans for firms assigned.
- Provide services, training and technical assistance as needed to assist firms in obtaining PennDOT subcontracts.
- Record service and activity in database and other record systems as required by the DBE SSC
- Provide service and activity documentation as required by the DBE SSC
- Participate in the outreach and implementation of outreach activities including training and networking events, as well as hosting exhibit tables when needed.
- Handle sensitive issues and information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Extensive travel required across the state that may require overnight stays.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Minimum of two years of experience in training and consulting in business or technology programs and a bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent understanding and interpretation of statistical data.
- Ability to develop/design marketing materials
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Access (or similar database program)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises and related challenges and knowledge of highway applicable businesses.
How to Apply:
Please submit via email (employment@Cheyney.edu) or fax (610 399 2283) your:
Resume and a cover letter detailing your skills and abilities to perform effectively in this role.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check per Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education policy.