Project Development Coordinator
Institution: Cheyney University of Pennsylvania
Location: Cheyney, PA
Category: Non-Represented- 170
Type: Full Time
Salary: $50,000 Per Year
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Affairs, the incumbent will manage programs and activities that support the campus engagement with Diversity in Technology Initiative. This employee will collaborate with the campus and regional constituents to develop, launch, support and improve technology awareness and digital literacy of program participants.
This position is 100% grant-funded and contingent on ongoing availability of funding.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Handle all administrative duties of the DIT Initiative including report and data generation, conduct surveys, procurement, project research, supplies, event coordination, communication and logistics
- Coordinate the details of structuring and maintaining the overall agenda related to the initiative
- Develop collaborations with campus departments and other institutions to identify and select a student cohort annually
- Recruit Advisory Board and convene committee discussions on student development and the college-to-work pipeline specifically for technology jobs and occupations
- Work with employer partners to identify the necessary technology skills for entry-level employees
- Develop and implement programs as identified in the grant proposal to develop those skills among the identified cohort
- Create outreach and community programs to raise the awareness of the campus community about STEM careers, issues and workplace trends
- Engage faculty and community through research and forums related to HBCU’s as a source of technology talent
- Manage social media, web content, publications and community relations to promote the DIT initiative work to a diverse community
- Research and secure resources to support the continued growth and footprint of the initiative
- Prepare and submit Title III reports as required
- Complete other projects as assigned
required minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an area of business administration, public administration
- Nonprofit experience or higher education programming and grant writing are required
- Must have an awareness of the role of the college-to-workplace pipeline STEM initiatives
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures
- Knowledge of activity promotion and constituent outreach
- Knowledge of English, usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Experience with grants management and reporting for both federal and state agencies
- Knowledge of principles and practices of statistical and administrative record and report preparation.
- Knowledge of staff development and workplace practices
- Knowledge of moderate budgeting procedures and techniques
Submit a cover letter with resume: via email to email@example.com or via mail to: Cheyney University of Pennsylvania, Office of Human Resources, Project Coordinator- Work and Human Capital Development, 1837 University Circle, P. O. Box 200, Cheyney, PA 19319-0200. Selection will be based on final interview.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be processed.