Cheyney University of Pennsylvania seeks to hire a Writing Assistant in the Writing Center. Writing Assistants are professional level tutors who work flexible hours to provide one-on-one writing support to students. This position is wholly funded by Title III grants.
Duties of Writing Assistants include:
- Provide one-on-one or group consultations with students on papers they are writing for any class
- Assist with research using the library's electronic resources and the Internet
- Assist students with formatting and documentation of research papers based on accepted styles
- See students as scheduled and keep records of writing center visits and services provided in accordance with the Title III grant guidelines.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in any discipline, strong writing skills and knowledge of standard English grammar and punctuation. Must know at least one research paper format, MLA or APA.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. University application form (Go to http://www.cheyney.edu/human-resources/Employment-Opportunities.cfm and select - "University Employment Application")
3. Cover letter
4. Copy of transcript
5. Three letters of recommendation
1. Although not required with the application packet, official transcripts supporting the highest level of education earned will be required if offered employment.
2. Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check per Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education policy.
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania
Office of Human Resources - Writing
1837 University Circle - PO Box 200
Cheyney, PA 19319
FAX - 610 399 2283
EMAIL - email@example.com