Institutional EFFECTIVENESS AND Research
The purpose of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research is to collect data and prepare studies useful or necessary in understanding and interpreting the university, making intelligent decisions about the current operations or plans for the future and improving the effectiveness of the university.
Mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research exists to help the University attain its mission of preparing confident, competent, reflective, visionary leaders and responsible citizens of diverse backgrounds as well as providing a nurturing, intellectually challenging and socially enriching environment for students to attain their academic goals. The office supports management of the University to undertake data driven decision making throughthe collection of data and preparation of studies useful in understanding and interpreting the University, and making intelligent decisions that contribute to continuous improvement and effectiveness of the University. Among the responsibilities of the office are:
· Help the University ensure continuous improvement in students learning outcomes thereby increasing retention and graduation rates through data collection, analysis and interpretation of results.
· Provide data to the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) on behalf of the University on a wide range of issues.
· Collect and analyze data for internal and external reporting purposes
· Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement in the academic and administrative structures of the University using data.
· Collaborate with faculty, academic departments and administrative units to undertake surveys, research and assessment-related works.
Dr. Sesime Adanu