ABOUT keystone honors academy
The Cheyney University Keystone Honors Academy strives to be a catalyst for university wide activity intended to enhance the scholarly environment on the Cheyney campus. We are a learning community of high achieving students and the Academy provides a wide array of services and programs which further enrich the academic experience for its members. The Academy encompasses academic, cultural, social, and professional experiences, and matches members with scholarships. This approach is consistent with national models for student success, and has proven to be effective in the CU KHA.
The graduation rate in the KHA is twice that of the national average for HBCUs!
Through a wide array of programs, the Keystone Honors Academy is designed to offer students the education, skills, and professional development that they need to be successful.
- Students in the Academy place in prestigious graduate programs across the country, and often receive full scholarships.
- The KHA hosts nationally and internationally renowned speakers such as Maya Angelou, Cornel West, Spike Lee, Alice Walker, Nikki Giovanni and Michael Eric Dyson.
- Every year, students study abroad on full scholarships.
- Students in the KHA are published in Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul and the Villanova Junior Law Review
- Students in the KHA are involved in original research projects, participate in research internships, and present their research at national conferences.
- Students in the KHA place in prestigious internship programs, and often place as a result of their performance.
- Every year, students compete in the national Honda Campus All Star Challenge academic competition.
- Students enjoy cultural events, visits to historic sites, attend cultural performances, and participate in a number of social events and activities.
- Professional development and graduate school preparation programs are offered regularly in the KHA.