Cheyney University 2011 Honors and Awards Convocation
- Cheyney University Honors and Awards Convocation – Thursday, April 7 at 6:00 PM in DSS. The Cheyney University Honors and Awards Convocation is an annual event designated to celebrate the accomplishments and ongoing academic excellence of Cheyney University students and faculty. This is a formal academic convocation which includes participation from members across the campus community. Students are recognized for receiving several awards, including Dean’s List distinction, Academic Excellence, the President’s Award, the Provost’s Award, membership in the Keystone Honors Academy, membership in national honors societies, and several other departmental awards.
- All members of the campus community are invited to attend – all members of the faculty and all student honorees are encouraged to attend. Families and friends are welcome to join us for this event.
- The program is approximately two hours long. Light refreshments are served at a reception following the program. Participants are encouraged to eat dinner beforehand.
- Students should check the lists of honorees to determine if they will be recognized at the Convocation. Letters of invitation have been sent to home addresses as well. Students will receive awards during the program, and may pick up personalized certificates immediately following the program in room 117.
- Honorees should arrive in DSS between 5:00 and 5:30 PM on April 7. Guests should plan to arrive at 5:45. Faculty may robe in room 118, and should to arrive by 5:45.
- Honorees will be invited on stage; please plan to dress appropriately for the convocation (business dress).
- Please address any questions to Dr. Tara Kent, Dean of the Keystone Honors Academy (firstname.lastname@example.org ; 610-399-2386).