Cultural Events and Activities
The KHA creates a vibrant academic community by offering a number of cultural events and activities, including:
- Nikki Giovanni, a world renowned poet and author. She presented on the Cheyney campus in the spring of 2009.
- Cornel West, a prolific scholar and a noted public intellectual.
- Michael Eric Dyson, prolific scholar and public intellectual.
- Dr. Elijah Anderson, one of the nation’s most influential scholars in urban inequality, a prolific and ground-breaking ethnographer and Yale University Professor.
- Jerry Gray, a New York Times journalist. Mr. Gray gave a presentation on news journalism, and attended a reception with students.
- Mercer Redcross, Owner of the October Gallery.
Dinner Banquets and Student Socials
The KHA gathers as a community seasonally to celebrate each other’s achievements, to hear from keynote speakers. All members of the KHA are welcome to attend these warm evenings together!
History and Culture Tours
Washington D.C., Philadelphia, and New York
Evenings of spoken word
Scholarly lectures and discussions
- Presentations by faculty and staff
- Presentations by notable alumni
- Presentations by world-renowned scholars and authors
Honors and Awards Convocation
Study Abroad and International Education
A number of Keystone Honors Academy students participate in study abroad programs, and every year two students are competitively selected to participate in the PASSHE Summer Honors Program.