Commencement Information for 2012 Graduates
April 25, 2012
Congratulations, Prospective Graduate, family members and guests; and welcome to Cheyney University's Commencement Website!
The 2012 Commencement Convocation will be held on the Cheyney University Quadrangle at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 12, 2012. All graduates are expected to participate in Commencement and must be in proper academic attire.
Please arrive by 9:30 a.m. and report directly to Dudley Hall on the Quadrangle. A special events tent will be set up on the quadrangle to accommodate all of the commencement participants and guests; there will be no need to relocate activities due to inclement weather.
Rehearsal for Commencement will be held in Dudley Hall at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 10, 2012
CAPS & GOWNS FOR GRADUATING SENIORS
Graduating Seniors, If you have not already ordered your graduation gown, the deadline to do so has been extended to April 23rd
. Graduation gowns can be ordered in the bookstore for both Bachelors and Masters graduates. At the time of your order, you can try on the gowns for size and make payment. The gowns will be available for pickup during the beginning of May. For further information, contact the bookstore at 610-399-2550 or Nancy Stoltzfus, Assistant Controller in the Business Office email@example.com
· Blank cards with CU Shield & envelopes can be purchased at the bookstore.
· Blank thank-you cards with CU Shield & envelopes can be purchased at the bookstore.
. There will be a photographertaking photos of all graduates as they exit the stage. These photos will be available for purchase. Please refer to the cheyney.edu Commencement page for further details.
MANDATORY EXIT INTERVIEW
A Reminder to Graduating Seniors! If you were a student loan borrower, you must complete a mandatory on-line exit interview a www.nslds.ed.gov
. You must then contact Mr. Dexter Armistead at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by telephone at (610) 399-2041 to inform him that you have completed the exit interview. He will confirm completion of the process and remove any debt management stops that may have been placed on your account. A failure to complete the exit interview process will result in your records being sealed which will prevent you from receiving your diploma, transcripts and other documents from the university.
GRADUATION FEES & ACCOUNT BALANCES (details in Bursar’s Letter)
· Undergraduate Students $78
· Graduate Students $48
· All student account balances must be paid in full
BURSAR'S LETTER March 29, 2012
RE: GRADUATING SENIORS OUTSTANDING BALANCE AND GRADUATION FEES
Dear Graduating Senior:
We would like to CONGRATULATE you on such a noteworthy accomplishment of graduating from Cheyney University of Pennsylvania. In preparation for your participation in commencement activities you must be aware of the following:
Students will not be permitted to participate in commencement activities unless their student account balance is paid in full.
The graduation fees that have been or will be assessed to your account are the following:
Degree Fee $12
Graduation Fee $36
Career Service Fee $30
Degree Fee $12
Graduation Fee $36
The career service fee supports our career services center and the purpose of this center is to support the academic, personal and professional development of Cheyney University's students and alumni by providing information, resources, speakers, networking opportunities and access to employers. The graduation fee and the degree fee are used to defray the cost of processing candidates for graduation, printing and mailing diplomas, and conducting the commencement ceremonies.
Students should do the following immediately:
Check your account on Power Campus Self Service or stop by the Bursar’s Office to obtain a copy of your current
student account statement.
1) If your aid is not properly reflected on your statement contact Financial Aid immediately.
2) If all of the information is correct on your student account statement please remit payment to the Bursar’s Office. Payment can be made in person by going to the Bursar’s Office located on the 1st floor of the Wade Wilson building. Payment can also be made online by going to www.cheyney.edu
Thank you for being a valued member of the Cheyney University community. Please contact Charlotte Comer, Bursar at 610-399-2224 or Layna Holmes-Butler, Controller at 610-399-2461 with questions regarding your account. The Bursar’s office is located on the 1st floor of the Wade Wilson Building.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION TO PARTICIPANT (WALK) IN COMMENCEMENT (New Policy)
Students who have not completed all degree requirements, not to exceed six credit hours or two courses, MUST also provide proof that they are registered during the summer of 2012 for the courses they need to complete for their program requirements.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Wednesday May 9th -Masters Graduates Reception, CUCC Atrium, 6 pm – 8 pm
Thursday May 10th -Graduating Seniors Brunch, Ada Georges Dining Hall - 10 am – Noon
Thursday May 10th -Commencement Rehearsal, Dudley Hall, 1:00 pm
Saturday May 12th -Commencement Convocation on the Quadrangle,** 11:00 am
**graduates must arrive 9:30 am in Dudley Hall
PROTOCOL FOR COMMENCEMENT
It is very important for everyone to have an enjoyable, safe graduation ceremony. Please be mindful of the following rules:
• Please arrive on time. Commencement will begin promptly at 11 a.m. Graduates are expected at Dudley Hall no later than 9:30 a.m.
• Faculty are expected to arrive at Vaux-Logan by 9:30 a.m.
• Graduates must wear Commencement regalia.
• Orderly conduct is a must! Although we understand that everyone is excited, please stay only in designated areas and obey Public Safety Officers and ushers at all times.
• No beverages or illegal substances are permitted.
• Beach balls, toys or props of any kind are prohibited and will be confiscated
• Please keep all children out of the graduate line-up and off the stage.
Restrooms for guests will be located in:
• Marcus Foster Student and Alumni Center
• Carnegie Hall