Daivona Williams Leads Cheyney in Season Opener
September 12, 2013
The Lady Wolves began their cross country season today with a duel meet against rival Lincoln University. Cheyney was paced by freshman Daivona Williams. The East Orange, New Jersey native completed the newly designed 5 K cross country course in 27.50.
"I was extremely disappointed in the effort both our teams put forth today," stated Head Coach James Williams. "It shows me that most of the squad did not do what they needed to do over the summer."
"It was a tough day out there on the course. The weather certainly did not help. It was over 90 and the humidity was through the roof. It was like that for both teams. The forecast for Saturday seems better. Both the temperature and the humidity will be down. "
Cheyney will host Holy Family on Saturday at 11:00 AM.
Below are the results from the Lincoln meet.
Cheyney University vs Lincoln University Cross Country 9/11/13 5k
1. Gray, Sarah Lincoln 24:03
2. Salih, Samiyah Lincoln 24:11
3. Person, Emani Lincoln 24:17
4.Brown, Shana Lincoln 25:33
5. Spaulding, Shannon Lincoln 25:54
6. White, Kaydee-Ann Lincoln 25:55
7. Cubbage, Alexis Lincoln 26:51
8. Torres, Ashley Lincoln 27:49
9. Williams, Daivona Cheyney 27:50
10. Delorme, Kevia Cheyney 29:30
11. Jones, Imani Lincoln 29:42
12. Shaw, Bahirah Cheyney 30:02
13. Thomas, Shanavia Cheyney 33:55.20
14. Carter, Jasmine Cheyney 33:55.22