Keystone Honors Students Hosting Voter Registration Drive At Student Center This Week
September 27, 2012
On September 24, 26 and 27, from 11:30 – 5:30 each day, the students of the Keystone Honors Academy will host a voter registration drive on the Marcus Foster Student Activities Building. They will be prepared with important information about the voter registration process, and the new voter ID law.
Cheyney University students who have not yet registered to vote will be able to do so in time (prior to October 9) for the 2012 elections. Please make sure you have your new Cheyney University ID card which includes an expiration date (2018) to register to vote. Only after you have registered and obtained your voter registration card, will you be permitted to vote in the upcoming election. If you register using Cheyney University as your registered address and obtain a valid voter identification card you will vote at a voter poll adjacent to the University campus.
You can vote in PA if:
• You are a citizen of the United States for at least one month before the election.
• You are a resident of Pennsylvania and the election district in which you will vote for at least 30 days before the election.
• You are at least 18 years of age on election day.
• The last day to register to vote is Tuesday, Oct. 9!!
• As a college student, you may choose to register to vote near campus. You may use Cheyney University as your residence (eliminating the need to find a ride to the polls on election day!!)
• If you are already registered to vote elsewhere, you can change your registration to Cheyney.
• To register to vote near CU, you must include your residence hall as a part of your address!
• If you live in Emlen Hall, the New Hall, or King Hall, you live in Delaware County. Your polling place is next to the CU Library - The Thornbury Township Building 6 Township Rd., Cheyney, PA 19319
• If you live in Truth Hall, you live in Chester County. Your polling place is around the corner at the Concept School - 1120 E. ST., Westtown, PA 19395
o You will receive your registration information in the mail within 14 days of registering.
o If you do not receive anything, call the county voter registration office.
Questions - Delaware County (610) 891-4659 - Chester County (610) 344-6410
• Election day is Tuesday, November 6!! Polls are open 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM
• PA law requires that you bring a valid form of ID with you to vote.
• The ID must contain your 1) Name, 2) your photo, and 3) an expiration date that is current.
• The new CU IDs are considered valid forms of ID – check to make sure your ID meets all 3 requirements, and that it is easy to read.
• If you need one, you may request a new CU ID!
• If you have a driver’s license, the license is a valid form of ID.
• If you are not able to obtain an ID through any other means, you may obtain a free ID through the PA Department of Transportation: http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/voter/voteridlaw.shtml
We want to help and to CU at the Polls! Contact us with questions:
Keystone Honors Academy x2386
SGCA – firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Activities x2250
For more information see www.dos.state.pa.us/ or votespa.com or www.lwv.org/ or http://www.b-pep.net/