New Process to Hire Non Work-Study Students
The Office of Human Resources is testing a new process to hire Cheyney students
June 21, 2011
Cheyney University students
The Office of Human Resources is testing a new process for hiring NON Work-Study students. After July 1, 2011, the Office of Human Resources will NOT process student employment requests submitted on either the temporary staff/faculty hiring recommendation form or the employee personnel action request.
Step by step instructions to complete the process and all the related forms can be found on the HR Website. Our goal is to develop a consistent process that is easy to follow for both students and supervisors. Submitting the appropriate documents will facilitate timely hiring payroll processing and ensure that supervisors get their students employed early in the semester, as needed.
Documents currently on line are:
- 5 Steps to Hiring Non Work-Study Students - Step by Step instructions and links to necessary documents
- Student Hiring Request - Required signatures authorizing employment and budget approvals
- Student Position Description - Ensures student work does not affect the integrity of bargaining unit work
- Student Data Form - Includes relevant student information
- Student Workplace Guide - Information for supervisors and students to help maintain the highest professional standards in the Cheyney workplace.
Please contact the Office of Human Resources at 610 399 2058 if you have questions.