Donor Recognition Dinner Honors Cheyney Supporters
February 29, 2012
Pictured are Mrs. Hermione Hill Logan and Father Logan with Ms. Shakeemah Simmons, Miss Cheyney University, Senior Mr. Peter Hughes and President Michelle Howard-Vital at the Founder's Week Recognition Dinner.
Faithful Cheyney supporters were feted at a Recognition Dinner on February 23 at the Marcus Foster Student Union. Musical entertainment was provided by the Cheyney University Jazz Ensemble and the Cheyney University Concert Choir. Miss Cheyney University - Shakeemah Simmons, and Peter Hughes served as Mistress and Master of Ceremonies and Father Thomas Logan delivered the invocation. Donna Allie, President and Founder of Team Clean and David Rivers, (Class of 1965) CEO of Team Clean, delivered the keynote address. Hermione Hill Logan, daughter of Cheyney University’s first president, received a warm welcome from the entire crowd.
Recognition Awards included
- Vision Awards were accepted by Robert Hunter (Board Chair) on behalf of The “C” Club and Ted Brinton on behalf of The Tyson Fund. The Vision Award is given to grant-making organizations that support our vision to be recognized as a premier Historically Black College and University.
- Honoring the Mission Award, given to the individual or organization who enables Cheyney University to fulfill its mission to provide a nurturing, intellectually challenging and socially enriching environment, was accepted by Cheyney Foundation Board Chair David Alston on behalf of The Cheyney Foundation.
- The Lamp of Knowledge Award, given in recognition of one’s prolific dedication to support the intellectual growth of Cheyney University students, was accepted by Magnolia Highsmith.
- The Excellence in Developing the Complete Student Award was accepted by Barbara Daniel Cox, Junious Stanton, and other alumni on behalf of the Concerned Alumni Group.The award is given to those who enhance our ability to nurture complete and reflective students.
- The Tradition Award was presented to Keith Singletary. The award is given to organizations or individuals for their unyielding commitment to uphold our commitment to opportunity, access and academic excellence.
- The Corporate Partnership Award was accepted by David Rivers, CU’65, and Donna Allie, Team Clean, LLC. The award is given to the corporation that enables Cheyney University to advance student achievement and success by supporting signature academic programs.
- The Outstanding Philanthropist Award was presented to Father and Mrs. Logan. The award is given to the family or individuals who exemplify support of Cheyney University to increase student achievement.