2012-2013 Housing Information Updates
July 27, 2012
TO: All Cheyney University Students
FROM: The Office of Residence Life and Housing
RE: 2012-2013 Housing Information Updates
DATE: Tuesday, July 24, 2012
All returning and new students who are anticipating living on campus for the 2012-2013 academic year should be aware of the following:
The Office of Residence Life and Housing will not be accepting future Housing Request Forms from returning students to request to live in the New Residence Hall.
During the Spring 2012 semester all returning residential students were notified by the Office of Residence Life and Housing of the following information:
“If you are planning to reside in housing for the 2012-2013 academic year, you will need to make sure that you pay close attention to all instructions to successfully complete the procedures outlined for the 2012-2013 Housing Selection Process. In order to insure that you reserve a room for the 2012-2013 academic year, be sure to read this letter carefully, complete all paperwork thoroughly, and meet all deadlines as advertised. Please be advised that space is limited and students are encouraged to complete all procedures as outlined and by the deadlines. Housing is not guaranteed to any student who does not complete this process by the stated deadlines. All students who wish to reside in housing must pay the $240 non-refundable housing deposit and submit their Housing Request Form by Friday, May 11, 2012.”
Returning students who have not submitted a 1) Housing Request Form, 2) paid their $240 non-refundable housing deposit and 3) who have not resolved all University business as of today, can still request housing for the 2012-2013 academic year in King and Truth Halls.
New Students and Students New to the University as of 2011-2012 academic year:
All students who fall into this category will be assigned to the New Residence Hall. Be sure to review our webpage at http://www.cheyney.edu/residence-life/ for detailed information and the Bursar’s Office webpage at http://www.cheyney.edu/bursar/index.cfm for fees and costs.
All Students Requesting Housing:
Please be aware of the following information and the housing assignments process:
First-come, first-served basis according to the date the completed Housing Request Information is received.
The total number of applications received.
The date by which satisfactory financial arrangements have been confirmed by the Bursar’s Office for the total cost of tuition, fees, room and board are made.
Not all requests for a specific residence hall can be accommodated. The University reserves the right to make reassignments at any time based on the administrative needs of the residential program.
It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that there are no STOPS/obligations existing by reviewing their student account. Should you find University STOPS on your account (financial, registration, transcript, parking, health, library fines, etc.), you must resolve them with therespective departments before you are placed into a housing assignment. This includes satisfactory financial arrangements for the total cost of tuition, fees, room and board.
Beginning Wednesday, August 1, 2012, students who have submitted a Housing Request Form will receive one of the following notifications:
• Housing Assignment Confirmation: All steps of the process have been completed.
• Housing Request Incomplete Notification: All steps of the process have not been completed.
• Notifications will not be sent to students who have not submitted a request for housing.
• The Office of Residence Life and Housing will not accept residence hall and roommate requests changes after August 1, 2012.
• All updates and/or correspondence from The Office of Residence Life & Housing will be sent to the student’s University-issued email account only, which should be checked frequently for updates. Such requests can be made during the 3rd week of September during Open Room Change Week depending on space availability.
• Housing assignments will be canceled by the Office of Residence Life & Housing for those students who arrive after the 48 hour deadline to move-in. Please plan accordingly.
Notification will be sent to returning students at their Cheyney University e-mail address and new students to their permanent address that is on file with the University.
Move-In Day Information:
Students should view our webpage to obtain Move-In Day, Check-In, forms and additional housing information at http://www.cheyney.edu/residence-life/.
All students must have a valid Cheyney University ID that is in "good working condition" to check-in to their assigned residence halls. New students will receive their CU ID once they arrive on campus on move-in day.
Returning students who have misplaced their CU ID must pay the $24 replacement fee at the Bursar's Office and obtain a replacement ID card from the Office of Information Technology located on the 1st floor of Vaux Logan Hall prior to move-in days. Be advised that returning students should not wait until move-in day to replace lost or damaged CU ID cards. All business offices, except Public Safety are closed on the weekends. To increase the level of safety in all residence halls, there will be no exceptions. Students will not be permitted to dine in the dining facilities without a working CU ID card unless they pay cash. Please plan accordingly.
Please be advised that this time of the summer is a busy time for our office as we process housing assignments.
We appreciate your patience.
2012-2013 Housing Information Updates and Required forms
- All new students and students from last year's University College participation will be assigned to the New Residence Hall. Should they elect not to live there due to cost, we will not be able to control that outcome.
- Returning students can choose either King or Truth Halls as an option.
- We will honor roommate requests and room/hall changes for everyone until August 1, 2012 (as long as they are fully enrolled).
- Staff will do their best to honor the new students' requests who have already requested the New Residence Hall as long as they are fully enrolled. Please use the following links to make your arrangements.