Parking & Transportation
To obtain a parking permit, download a copy of the Cheyney University Parking Permit Application, available on the Cheyney Police Department Website, and submit payment to the Bursar.
Bring the following to Cheyney University Police Headquarters in McKnight-Rogers to receive your parking hang tag.
- Completed Parking Permit Application
- Proof of payment
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid vehicle registration
Temporary Parking Tags
Temporary parking permits are available from police headquarters at no charge to holders of valid annual permits, when the valid permit has been forgotten or is unavailable for display. Temporary permits are issued to contractors, venders, or visitors for a specified time period and expiration date. A valid driver’s license and vehicle plate number must be presented to the dispatch center at police headquarters when requesting a temporary parking hang tag.
Temporary parking permits must be displayed from the inside rear-view mirror, with the plate number information visible.
No curbside parking is permitted at any campus location.
Student Parking restricted to the Motorcycle Parking Lot and the Airport Parking Lot
The Motorcycle Parking Lot is located on the upper right hand side of the main campus – directly above the Carver Science Center is one of two designated areas for student parking.
The Airport Parking Lot is located behind Ada George on Creek Road.
Students may not park in any other parking lot or area.
All first year students (excluding commuter students) are prohibited from parking vehicles on campus for the academic year. Freshmen may request an exemption to this rule, in writing, to the Cheyney University Chief of Police.
- All regular student parking permits must be displayed on the rearview mirror with the permit visible from the outside of the vehicle. If the operator decides to place the permit in any other manner, he/she is responsible for the issued ticket.
- The permit must be displayed at all times when the vehicle is parked on University property.
- A student parking permit is not considered valid unless it is displayed in accordance with these parking regulations and clearly visible to the officers from the outside of the vehicle.
- If a ticket is issued to a vehicle not displaying a current permit, the owner (failing to put the permit on the rearview mirror) will be required to pay a fine of $30.
Motor Vehicle Violations
All motor vehicle laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and campus regulations are strictly enforced. Citations for violations result in fines and may result in associated points on your license. All student vehicles must be registered with the Cheyney Police Department and must display a valid decal.
Parking tickets and/or parking citations are issued by campus police when vehicles are illegally parked.
Campus parking tickets must be paid at the business office. Citations are paid at the district court.
Failure to pay campus fines (parking tickets), within the prescribed time, may result in “booting.” Failure to pay parking citations can result in a summary arrest warrant at the district court level. Booting or towing of any vehicle will be at the owner’s expense. Vehicles may be towed or booted if parked in fire lanes or other prohibited locations. The Cheyney Police Department may remove vehicle registration plates for identification and investigative purposes.
- That have accrued 2 or more outstanding parking tickets within an academic year;
- Without a current permit;
- With an unauthorized, altered or revoked permit;
- Without a license plate;
- With an expired license plate;
- Parked in driveways, fire lanes, reserved or service vehicle spaces, and reserved lots;
- In repeated violation of parking regulations;
- Blocking a loading dock or trash dumpster;
- Parked in an area designated as a construction zone or in an area which requires emergency repairs and the owner refuses to move the vehicle;
- Parked in such a way as to constitute a hazard to vehicular or pedestrian traffic or to the movement and operation of emergency equipment.
|Vehicle Permit Registration Fee||$30.00**|
|Replacement of Vehicle Registration||$30.00**|
|** Each occurrence|
|Description of Violation||Fee/Fine|
Parking in Handicapped Designated Area
|Unauthorized Parking in Reserved Parking Areas
|Failure to Display Parking Permit||$30.00|
Unauthorized Parking in Staff Only Areas
Parking on Roadway
Parking on Grass - plus any damages
Parking in Area Not Designated for Parking
The full version of the Motor Vehicle Regulations is available in the Cheyney Police Department and via the Cheyney Police Website at http://www.cheyney.edu/public-safety/index.cfm
To download and print a copy of the Cheyney University Parking Policy, please click the link below:
CU Parking Policy 2014-2015