All individuals visiting the residence halls will be required to sign in and out at the courtesy desk located in the lobby of each hall. All visitors to the residence halls are required to follow the same procedures:
Visitation hours are as follows:
Sundays through Thursdays 1:00p.m. – 12:00a.m. (Midnight)
Fridays and Saturdays 1:00 p.m. – 1:00a.m.
- All visitors must enter the residence halls through the front door/main entrance only.
- All visitors must have a valid photo identification card.
- Students and visitors must sign in at the courtesy desk.
- The host must report to the courtesy desk to receive their guest. The host is responsible for their guest(s) at all times while signed in the residence hall. The host is to make certain that their guest(s) has exited the building following a visit.
- Guest(s) must be escorted by their host at all times during a visit. Unescorted guests will be directed to vacate the building and/or cited for trespassing.
- Residence hall and security officer staffs will conduct walk-throughs of all residence halls during and following the visitation hours.
- Violators will be referred to the University Judicial Chair of the Judicial Committee and/or Public Safety.
- Cheyney University does not permitted overnight visitation of the opposite sex in a student's room.
- Students are responsible for their visitors while they are in the residence halls. Males who wish to use the restrooms on female floors and females who wish to use the restrooms on male floors must be escorted to and from the appropriate restroom on the ground floor of the residence hall.