Accuplacer Placement Test: Provides information about academic skills in math, English, & reading. The results of the assessment, in conjunction with your academic background, goals, and interests are used to determine your course selection. It is very important to review the Accuplacer Sample Questions for Students to help yourself prepare.
♦ Sentence Skills
♦ Reading Comprehension
♦ Arithmetic Test
♦ College Level Math Test
♦ Written Essay
Writing Prompt: Students will asked to provide a brief writing sample on a topic provided the day of the assessment. The sample will not be graded, but will provide an overview of your writing strengths.
Student Strengths Inventory: Measures attitudes & characteristics in six areas demonstrated to be strong predictors of college success. University College uses this information in conjunction with background information including placement test scores, grades, goals, & interests to assist you in mapping out your college success plan.
• Academic engagement - Commitment to Schoolwork and value placed on education
• Educational commitment - Dedication to obtaining a college degree
• Campus engagement - Involvement in campus activities & and connection to Institution
• Social comfort - Comfort in social situations & ability to communicate with others
• Academic self-efficacy - Confidence that student can achieve academically & succeed
• Resiliency - Approach to challenging situations & stressful events
Learning Community Selection Form: When you arrive at Cheyney you will be placed in a Learning Community. A Learning Community is a group of students who share common academic and/or personal interests, participate in activities and programming opportunities together, and may also be enrolled in a similar and related courses.
DISCOVERY Self-Assessment (2013-2014): A series of questions designed to assist us in the decision making process in relation to campus engagement activities. Questions will include basic demographic, background, and contact information. Other questions will address career plans, previous student engagement activities, spirituality, and other additional